Yummy Pumpkin Pie.
Having a toddler is very hard when it comes to eating. On the best days, I can get one decent meal into him. However, my son just adores cake… or “kak” as he says it… and this pumpkin pie is so delicious that he mistakes it for cake. It is a winner every time!
3½ cups of pumpkin
1 cup of cake flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
2 beaten eggs
1 cup of fresh cream
2 desert spoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a medium sized casserole dish.
- Boil the pumpkin in a large pot. Once cooked, mash the pumpkin.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add milk.
- Whip the eggs and cream, then add it to the mashed pumpkin.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon and place the butter on top of the mixture.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for about 1 hour.
We love this delicious pie with roast chicken, crispy roast sweet potato, creamy spinach and gravy. Try it! You will love it! Enjoy!